Great White Egret image by Carol Leather
Sightings are recorded and compiled by Ranger Jim Stevenson, and then published on the blog which contains the most up-to-date reports.
Your sightings are important to us!
Whether the sightings are birds, mammals, insects, spiders, fungi or unusual plant life – we would really like to hear from you. Please help us to keep our records up to date by adding your sightings to paxtonpits.blogspot.com or email email@example.com. You can also add your sightings to the new logbook in the Visitor Centre. Records of common species are just as important as those for rarities.
From Ranger Jim’s blog..
- June 1st: Lesser whitethroat on the mound, g-s woodpecker at the Hayden Hide (AP)Breeding Bird Survey: June 2nd Neal Parkin Reports:The highlights from this weekend surveys were:Cuckoo – a male & female were seen flying together at both south and north end of the Pits.Barn owl – few reports of barn owls this year but one was seen during the surveyMistle thrush – an uncommon […]
- We have a new logbook in the Visitor Centre where you can enter all your sightings, not just birds. Your records are very important to monitor all the creatures that live on the Reserve or pass through it. Records of common species are just as important as those for rarities. You can also send in records by email to me HEREMallard family.May 1st Hobby regulary viewed […]
- Hi everyone! April started slowly but a smattering of spring migrants passing through made for some interesting sightings. I have altered the format this month to allow me to paste in people's reports exactly as they wrote them. It also saves time as I don't have to fight against the template.Please keep sending your sightings as this could be the most exciting month of the year.4th: […]
- Badger gate in Peter's Field.March 1st. What an amazing february we had! A false spring. The weather isn't so great now but still warmer than average. I see our badger gate is being used by badgers (I think). I also spotted an otter spraint at the River viewpoint.Otter spraint at the River Viewpoint.2nd: Newt (great crested?) at Visitor Centre, (Rose) Kingfisher at Cobham Hide,3rd: […]
- 2nd Robin, blue tit, dunnock at the VC (Paige)3rd Goosanders on river. (PC) Green sandpiper x 2 and grey wagtail on the Heronry Lakes (AND) Fieldfare x 20 on the Great Meadow. (CP) WrenMuntjac6th Great white egret on Weedy Pit (Later Heronry ) (WS and JS) Muntjac buck in garden, rabbit in […]