The Friends of Paxton Pits Nature Reserve offers arrangements for visiting groups to make your visit as enjoyable and memorable as possible.
For just £2.50 per person, we provide:
- A guided walk of approximately 2 hours with local experts*
- Guaranteed availability of all Visitors’ Centre facilities for the duration of your visit (since it is staffed by volunteers, the Visitors’ Centre is not otherwise guaranteed to be open)
- Parking arrangements guaranteed (Minibuses and coaches cannot be accommodated unless your group has booked in advance)
- Nature Trail leaflet
- Special arrangements for members of your group with limited mobility (e.g. tailored route, RADAR gates)
- Self-guiding nature trail quizzes for children in your group
- Spend the rest of your visit exploring the Reserve and, via Public Footpaths, the wider Paxton Pits complex of gravel workings
*Optional, but a great way of getting the background story! One or more guides, depending on the size of group. Special interests can often be matched with guides
How to book
Download and complete a booking form and send it to:
Paxton Pits Nature Reserve
Bookings must be made at least four weeks in advance of your visit.
On receipt of your booking form, we will confirm the booking and arrangements, in writing, within 21 days. If we need any further information, or if there is a difficulty with the date, we will try to contact you by telephone within 14 days of receipt of your booking form.
Payment should be made by cash or cheque (made payable to “The Friends of Paxton Pits Nature Reserve”) to your guide or the volunteers at the Visitors’ Centre at the time of your visit. Please note that we do not have debit/credit card facilities.
We look forward to your visit!